Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I'm Home





We landed at about 2:15 yesterday and we were in Alpharetta by 5PM. The best surprise of the day was seeing Ian and the kids at the airport. Man I missed them! Orginally we had planned that I would drive home because I'd left my car down in Buckhead. As I was on the plane I was so anxious to get moving so that I could see them so the surprise of having them there was just GREAT! I could hardly believe how good Jude is on his feet now. In only 8 days he really has the walking thing down.  

There is so much that I could write about my time in Spain. Most of all God showed his power at work from the beginning to the end. Bethany, our team leader, gave us a scripture that stuck with me the whole week and really summed up the entire experience well. "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever; Amen. Ephesians 3:20-21. He indeed did immeasurably more than I asked and than we asked as a team. We serve a BIG God! 

My biggest prayer as I finish this journey is for the country of Spain and for this church East Park Church (Parque Este). On our last day we heard the testimony of Pepe, the pastor, and he told us that on average 2 christians per year come to know the Lord in Spain. TWO!!! There are a million people alone in the city of Sevilla which is the 3rd largest in Spain. This country will remain in my prayers and in my heart as well as this dear family. He and his wife are only in their early forties and have suffered tremendously for the cause of the gospel. It is hard to imagine that people continue to suffer to simply believe in the one true God and His son Jesus Christ.  I pray that the mountains would be moved and that a revolution would break out in this country and in all of Europe. I can't help but hope that God would allow our family to be a part of such a revolution!

All Glory to Him, because He is able! 

 

No comments: