We did it! Praise God for giving us the endurance and energy to finish. It was a great race. I had such a fun time listening to my tunes and chatting with Ian. There were times during the race that we would just sing aloud. The people around us were like "what is wrong with them." We didn't care. It kept us moving. It took us right at 2.5 hours to finish. I know the hubbie could have finished much faster, but he stuck with me and I needed it. During the race we talked about a marathon....talked about, just talked about. I can, however, understand the thrill of finishing something like that. When I was done with the 13.1 I really wanted to cry out of excitement and accomplishment. Overall, it was fantastic and I hope to be able to do another one and improve on my time. Here are my top 5 memories and some pictures of the running duo.
Top 5 memories from the race:
5. It was cold! When we started it was right at 34 degrees. About 5 miles in we started to really warm up.
4. Hills, Hills and a little mountain: The race had quite a bit of elevation to it. Every time we thought we were done, there came another one.
3. Singing "Dream On" aloud while running a ginormous hill.
2. Hearing Ian go "Uh...Uh...and do the air drums while singing his music.
1. Crossing the finish line and feeling so much joy with what we had accomplished.