Friday, September 26, 2008

The beauty of a good find!


So, just like always, life has been really crazy and I haven't had the time to blog. I find myself experiencing something and thinking..."I want to blog about that." Then 2 weeks passes and it's old news..bummer. So today I bring to you, hot off the press, "the beauty of a good find."

One thing I love about my mom is that she taught me how to stretch a dollar. It's so funny but when we talk on the phone one of us is almost always on the way to Target or Goodwill looking for a steal :-). Some of the first stores that we shopped in growing up were TJ Maxx and Marshalls. Oh the thrill of a good find!

Well she would be very proud of me today as I loaded up the kiddos and headed to Kid to Kid on the hunt. As the cold weather is knocking I realized that Ellison has 1 pair or pants.  For those of you who don't know. Kid to Kid is a fantastic place to get second hand clothing for kids and to sell to as well. 

There are lots of ladies who blog about great grocery deals and picture their loot, so I will do the same. Basically I got 11 pieces of good quality clothing (Gap, Old Navy, Children's Place) and a pair of new balance shoes combined to make 12 different outfits (yes 12!) for under 50 dollars. YES!!!!! I love a good deal. I didn't have the time to look for little man but maybe I can go back at some point tomorrow to get some goodies for him too. The best part is really the out of pocket cost to our budget is zero dollars because I sold to them last month and made just over 50 dollars.  

Happy shopping to you as the weather cools off!

No comments: