Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Clean Bill of Health...Half Marathon Here I come

Over the past couple of weeks we have had to get physicals for a number of things. Just getting to the doctor and making all the arrangements for 2 preschoolers is work enough. Much less getting there and being poked at, stuck, and questioned to death. 

After all of the tests, I found out that all of my levels are good. I had a slightly higher LDL level which means I need to back away from all the greasy stuff and eat what God made :-). (Why is that so hard!!!) One of the concerns that I talked about with my doctor is my knees. Since the age of 16 they have cracked very loudly but haven't been painful. As I've started running more this year I have noticed some pain as well. This morning I went to have my knees x-rayed and everything looks great. The doctor told me that I have runners knees and gave me some exercises to strenghten my legs. So in 3 weeks I will be running 13 miles in the Atlanta cold to accomplish a goal that I set after completing the peachtree.  He did say that the pain I'm feeling is my body's way of saying something so I should look into other options of exercise. So for now, I'm still running on Thanksgiving day. It may take me forever to finish, but I'm looking forward to the challenge with Ian at my side and I'm so thankful for being declared healthy! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats in the marathon....I totally envy you!! I have always wanted to do that but I just to lazy : )
Hope your knees feel better.
Good luck I will be thinking of you!!

LAR said...

Congrats! Looking forward to hearing about it. I am thinking about running the Country Music this year or next year. Due to work, I think it will be next year.