After a very long 2 weeks of sick, sick and more sick I felt like today would be fitting to do a 5 things list. Scripture teaches us to give thanks in everything even in the midst of sickness so here we go....
1. I don't talk a lot about my husband but that is in no way a reflection of how grateful I am for him. This week he took on daddy duty while I had 2 girls nights. He also just has the ability to love me so well. In my most stressed out moments he's the first one I want to call or chat with just to feel ok again. He even helped me by typing out a week of curriculum when my computer died! He is a good man ;-).
2. My kiddos..I've learned a lot about my kids through these sick days. I've learned that Jude is a cuddler. This morning his couging woke him up at 6 and I went in to get him. I sat in the rocker and just rocked him for like 40 minutes. When I would peek at him to see if he was sleeping he would just look up at me and smile. Ellison on the other hand wants her space. I just now tried to cuddle with her and she told me she couldn't turn the pages on her book (LOL). She wants me to be there just not snuggling.
3. Yesterday I had a great lunch with a freind of mine. We sat outside on the grass and just talked about life. She asked me a great question which was so right on with everything going on in my life. It was one of those cool "God knows me" moments. Our conversation was sweet and was a reminder to not put God in a box.
4. God's grace for sure! Man I have not been the best mom and wife since coming home from Spain. Things just keep coming at me and it wares on me. Unfortunately my family doesn't always get my best. I am reminded and encouraged in the fact that his grace is so good and sweet. If I had it all right, I wouldn't need Him.
5. The final thanks for this week is for my job. Over the past month or so I've had to be out for a number of reasons. Family in town, lice, mission trip, sickness, computer craash. Through all of it, I've had nothing but support from my co-workers. I love that I can be a contributor even though I'm only in the office for about 8 hours per week. I'm able to do my job and feel valued and wanted. It truly is such a gift to be able to be a part of UpStreet and North Point in general!
Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, His love endures forever......