Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Good News

So we have been blessed with some great news in our home. First we found out that we are expecting our next child in May! We are so excited we can hardly stand it. We actually found out before our vacation, but went to the doctor last week and confirmed that there is a little bean in there. I thought I'd answer some questions that we've been getting in this post.

Lots of people have asked us if we "planned" our pregnancy. Honestly after the difficulty of getting pregnant with Jude we earned a whole new insight on the idea of "trying" to get pregnant. The miracle of conception and birth are overwhelming. Because of that we decided that we wouldn't try to "plan" this one. We have just left the timing up to God and we're grateful for each day that I get to carry this child and we are praying for the day that we will bring him/her home.

What about Malik? In case you've missed other posts, we do already have 3 children in our home :-). Malik is still with us. There are lots of emotions that roll around concerning that little guy. As of right now we are still his foster parents and it appears that he will leave our home at some point. (The other day Ellison heard me say that "it looks like he will leave our home" to someone and she said to me later "he doesn't look like he's going to leave our home to me." It's really cute how literal she is.) Our hearts are torn and we are not looking forward to the day, should it come, that he leaves. He really fits in with us so well and we'll have to wait and see what the Lord has in store. The next court date is in mid October. Until then, Malik is our son and we will love him as such.

About the gender? We waited to find out the gender of our first 2 kids. Ian told me that the choice is mine about finding out the gender this time. At first I thought it would be fun but after some thought, I think I want to wait again. We already have one of each and I love the excitement towards the end of the pregnancy and on the day of birth. This child will be delivered through c-section, so we will know the birthdate long before it comes. Keeping the gender a surprise is something special for us so I think I'm going to wait until his/her birthday. As for the nursery, the funny this is, we've been in transition when each of our kids arrived so I've never really done anything super fancy. This time will be no different....

Which leads me to my second bit of good news. Over the past 5 years we have pursued going back overseas. It has indeed been a pursuit. Multiple applications, a trip to Austria, numerous conversations with our missions staff at church, prayer, tears, and more prayer. On our last day of vacation, we finally completed our application to a sending agency that we've had a relationship with over the past 4 years, and last Friday we found out that we are officially candidates! The final step is to become an appointee but that happens a few months or weeks before going to the field. Right now there are lots of details up in the air and we, along with our church, are prayerfully considering where we would fit in. Our hearts have always thought that it would be Austria, but we are not sure that's going to be where God is leading us.

So, there you have it! 2 big bits of news in our home. Please be praying that God will keep this little one safe in my womb and for our family as we earnestly seek God's direction in his will for our lives overseas. We are so excited to see what he's up to!

7 comments:

Allison said...

Yay! Boo! Yay!
Honestly, that's how I feel. SO excited about the newest little baby Chadwick. History has shown us that you guys make great babies, so we're expecting no different from this one :)
Selfishly, sad to hear about your news about going overseas. I'm not sure what my children are going to do without yours.
But, then at the same time, I've known you for most of the 5 years you've been trying to make this decision, so I'm so glad you have finally decided and taken the first steps. And now we'll have a fantastic reason to take a European vacation. :)
Keep us posted and I wholeheartedly support your decision to not find out the gender. :)

GREY said...

also a Yay! BOOOOOOOOO! yay.

Angie said...

Congrats on all your exciting news!

Unknown said...

Praying for both new baby Chadwick and travel for your mission work.
You and Ian are such wonderful people, our God has big plans for you. Just let him lead you and you will never go wrong.
Love and God bless.

MochaPrincess said...

YAY! TEARS! Cngrats! You and your family are awesome. I knew some of this but wow! I am happy and sad at the same time as I wish I could have known you more and longer. Peace and blessings be showered upon you.

The Gerborgs said...

wow! That's lots of big news. Praying for you and excited to hear what's next in this journey for you.

Amber said...

WOW, my dear...you have a lot going on. So stinkin' excited about your pregnancy and your opportunity to go overseas. What two amazing roads you are traveling at the same time!

I think about sweet Malik so often. He stole my heart at Ashley's party, and I can still smell his sweetness and see his smile. I'm praying for nothing but the best for that little guy. To me, that would be staying just where he is!

Looking forward to more updates!