Thursday, May 21, 2009

Dry Run

This weekend we get the opportunity to keep a little girl who is in the foster care system. She is 6 months old and just entered her second foster home a month ago. We got a chance to meet her and her brother on Tuesday night. She gave me a big smile when I held her she didn't cry.

Her current foster mom needs to go out of state to New York and she only obtained court permission to take her brother (2 years old on Monday). DFACS called us and asked if we would be willing to take her for the weekend and we said yes.

So we have pulled out the toys for an infant and a friend just dropped off an infant carrier and an exersaucer. I'm excited and a little nervous to see how we handle having 3 kids this weekend.

Please pray for this sweet girl and her brother. I'm not sure what the story is on their mom but I do know that their foster mom is a practicing Buddhist and is a single woman just trying to learn the ropes on being a parent herself.

We're grateful to be able to be a part of her little life for this weekend. I'll keep you posted on how things turn out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beth, I am so excited for you guys. I know you all will love her till it hurts. :) I am praying for God's strength and grace.

Unknown said...

Me and my home will certainly be praying for you. I truly believe that our Savior will never give us more than we can handle.
Thank you for being an angel in this child's life.