Thursday, March 5, 2009

Bread of Life






I discovered a new blog which is GREAT. If you are a mom of preschoolers you know what it's like to try and think of things to keep your little one busy. Well, this site is fantastic. I have a link to it posted to the right. Check it out if you get a chance...I promise you will love it.  

This month the site is helping mothers teach their kids about the I Am statements about Jesus. For the first week of March the statement is " I am the bread of life." So yesterday Ellison and I put together our poster and we baked some homemade bread. I have a bread maker but we chose to do it all by hand to drive home the point and to make it more hands on. While we were making it we talked about the yeast and what it does and how that relates to what Jesus can do in our lives. I must admit that I was more excited than she was but I hope that some of what we did sinks in. 

Here are some pictures of our fun times!

Also if you're interested in a good recipe just let me know and I can email it to you. 

PS- I really need to learn how to put these pictures on in order and to add captions. If you know would you mind telling me ;-). 



 

2 comments:

Shaunta' said...

i checked out the site and LOVE it! all you have to do to change the order of the pics is upload them one at a time. after the code comes up for the pic you can copy, cut and paste it to the place where you want it. also you just need to put spaces in between each pictures code...that way you can just type your caption after the code...then leave a space and input/paste the next pic. does that make sense?

Unknown said...

Love the Totally Tots site! Thanks for sharing. I am always trying to find new fun things for Keira and I to do. This site will keep up busy.